Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Education 2.0 - Edmodo - Free Private Microblogging For Education

Ok! Now I am enthused. I love the idea of this portal. I have toyed about with it and can see wonderful times ahead!

As it says on the box, "Edmodo provides a way for teachers and students to share notes, links, and files. Teachers have the ability to send alerts, events, and assignments to students. Edmodo also has a public component which allows teachers to post any privately shared item to a public timeline and RSS feed."

I have decided that I am going to run a project. I will now setup all of next years classes and use this as a means of communication with them. I don't know what to do about the blogs I have setup. They are all working very well. Perhaps all that will become clear when I start using this stuff in September.

Anyway go have a look, it's well worth it. It is actually something I have been searching for my whole teaching career. Its available at http://www.edmodo.com

No comments: